EDU Range: Cybersecurity Training Scenarios
A testbed and training facility for cybersecurity incident response
The purpose of this project is twofold. First, we seek to provide a set of customizable cyber incident training scenarios for students. Second, we seek to understand how cyber incidents are realistically triaged.
Michael Locasto, Jens Mache, and Richard Weiss
Our DETER Project:
- The Ephemeral Legion: Producing an Expert Cyber-security Workforce from Thin Air. Michael E. Locasto, Anup Ghosh, Sushil Jajodia, and Angelos Stavrou. Communications of the ACM, 2011. Vol. 54, Issue 1, pp 129–131. (Viewpoint).
- Helping Students 0wn Their Own Code. Michael E. Locasto. IEEE Security and Privacy, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 53-56, May/June 2009.
- Teaching the Principles of the Hacker Curriculum to Undergraduates. Sergey Bratus, Anya Shubina, and Michael E. Locasto. In Proceedings of the 41st ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE 2010). Milwaukee, WI, USA. March 10–14, 2010.
- Pushing Boulders Uphill: The Difficulty of Network Intrusion Recovery.
Michael E. Locasto, Matthew Burnside, and Darrell Bethea. The 23rd Large Installation System Administration Conference (LISA 2009). Baltimore, MD, USA. November 1--6, 2009.
- An Experience Report on Undergraduate Cyber-Security Education and Outreach.Michael E. Locasto and Sara Sinclair. The 2nd Annual Conference on Education in Informa- tion Security (ACEIS 2009). February 2009. Ames, IA, USA.