"Babel: A Secure Computer is a Polyglot."
John Aycock, Daniel Medeiros Nunes de Castro, Michael E. Locasto, and Chris Jarabek. Proceedings of the ACM Cloud Computing Security Workshop (CCSW) October 2012.
"LoSt: Location Based Storage."
Gaven J. Watson, Reihaneh Safavi-Naini, Mohsen Alimomeni, Michael E. Locasto, and Shivaramakrishnan Narayan. Proceedings of the ACM Cloud Computing Security Workshop (CCSW) October 2012.
"Security Applications of Formal Language Theory." Len Sassaman, Meredith L. Patterson, Sergey Bratus, and Michael Locasto.
IEEE Systems Journal: Special Issue on Security and Privacy in Complex Systems. Sushil Jajodia and Pierangela Samarati, Ed. 2012. (to appear)
"// TODO: Help Students Improve Commenting Practices"
Peter J. DePasquale, Michael E. Locasto, Lisa Kaczmarczyk, and Mike Martinovic. Proceedings of the IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE 2012). October 2012.
"Empirical Evaluation and Pushback of Malicious Web Advertisements" Robin Gonzalez. (Poster, USENIX Security 2012)
- "Software diversity: Security, Entropy and Game Theory."
Saran Neti, Anil Somayaji, and Michael E. Locasto. Proceedings of the 7th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Security August 2012. Bellvue, WA, USA.
"Composition Patterns of Hacking."
Sergey Bratus, Julian Bangert, Alexandar Gabrovsky, Anna Shubina, Daniel Bilar, and Michael E. Locasto.
Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Cyber Patterns. pp. 80-85. 9-10 July 2012, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UK
"Intrusion Detection For Resource-constrained Embedded Control Systems in the Power Grid."
Jason Reeves, Ashwin Ramaswamy, Michael Locasto, Sergey Bratus and Sean Smith. International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection. (2012)
"Exploit Programming: From Buffer Overflows to 'Weird Machines' and Theory of Computation". Sergey Bratus, Michael E. Locasto, Meredith L. Patterson, Len Sassaman, and Anna Shubina. USENIX ;login: vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 13--21 December 2011.
"Using Active Intrusion Detection to Recover Network Trust"
John F. Williamson, Sergey Bratus, Michael E. Locasto, Sean W. Smith. Proceedings of USENIX LISA 2011
"Security and Privacy Considerations in Digital Death."
Michael E. Locasto, Michael Massimi, and Peter J. DePasquale. Proceedings of the 20th New Security Paradigms Workshop (NSPW 2011). September 12-15 2011. Marin County, CA, USA. [pre-proceedings version]
"Lightweight Intrusion Detection for Resource-Constrained Embedded Control Systems"
Jason Reeves, Ashwin Ramaswamy, Michael E. Locasto, Sergey Bratus, and Sean W. Smith. Proceedings of the Fifth Annual IFIP WG 11.10 International Conference on Critical Infrastructure Protection, 2011.
- "A Failure-based Discipline of Trustworthy Computing" Michael E. Locasto and Matthew Little. IEEE Security and Privacy, vol. 9, no. 4, July/Aug. 2011
- "Multimodal Complex Event Detection Framework for Wide Area Surveillance." Himaanshu Gupta, Li Yu, Asaad Hakeem, Tae Eun Choe, Niels Haering, and Michael E. Locasto. Proceedings of the 1st IEEE Workshop on Camera Networks and Wide Area Scene Analysis (held with CVPR 2011). 20 June 2011. Colorado, USA.
- "The Ephemeral Legion: Producing an Expert Cyber-security Workforce from Thin Air." Michael E. Locasto, Anup Ghosh, Sushil Jajodia, and Angelos Stavrou. Communications of the ACM, 2011. Vol. 54, Issue 1, pp 129--131.
- "Trust Distribution Diagrams: Theory and Applications". Michael E. Locasto, Steven J. Greenwald, and Sergey Bratus. Proceedings of the 4th Layered Assurance Workshop (LAW 2010). December 2010. Austin, TX, USA
- "VM-based Security Overkill: A Lament for Applied Systems Security Research". Sergey Bratus, Michael E. Locasto, Ashwin Ramaswamy, and Sean W. Smith. Proceedings of the 19th New Security Paradigms Workshop (NSPW 2010). September 2010. Concord, MA, USA.
- "SegSlice: Towards a New Class of Secure Programming Primitives for Trustworthy Platforms". Sergey Bratus, Michael E. Locasto, and Brian R. Schulte. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Trust and Trustworthy Computing (TRUST 2010). 21-23 June 2010. Berlin, Germany.